Super Smash Bros. Wii U Tournament
Attend Events » Dragon's Den » Super Smash Bros. Wii U Tournament
Super Smash Bros. Wii U Tournament
Time & Date: 12:00 PM Sunday, May 7, 2017
Registration begins at 11:00 AM, and the tournament begins promptly at 12:00 PM.
The most recent tournament results can be viewed on the Challonge page by clicking here, Previous tournament results can also be viewed on the Dragon's Den Challonge page here and on JoeR's host page here (links may open a new window).
Store: Dragon's Den, Poughkeepsie, Plaza, 2600 South Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Prizes: Cash prize to the top 4 places. Prize will be 50% of the buy ins from contestants. If an amiibo tournament runs, the prize will be a custom amiibo.
The Smash 4 tournament hosted by Dragon’s Den will feature 1vs1 singles tournament! Dragon's Den also provided pizza and soda for just 5 extra dollars! Bring your A-game and fight for glory, money and a new custom amiibo! We might be in the larger room, but this has not been confirmed and we will do active seeding with the help of another pro player.
Whether you are looking to improve, join the competitive scene or just want to play, we’d be glad to have you! Plus, Dragon’s Den specializes in cards, comics and gaming, so just seeing the store is worth coming down!
***Additional Setups Are NEEDED and will entitle a discount on tournament entry of 50%. Please help us make this tournament run smoothly! Bring a TV or a Wii U! One time we had 7 setups and ran a 40+ person tourney--great, but more would really help.***
- All matches are 2 stock with a 6 minute time limit
- Double elimination
- Best of 3 games, Best of 5 games for Finals
- ALL CHARACTERS ARE LEGAL
- Custom fighters are OFF, including Mii’s... Standard Mii's are legal (1111)
- No items
- Any action to prevent the game from continuing will result in a forfeit for the match.
- Accidental pausing in a match will result in a loss of one stock in game.
- If time runs out the winner is determined by stock and if not by stock than percentage.
- In the event of a percentage tie, there will be a one stock tie breaker match set to 3 minutes on the same stage.
- If a match ends by suicide, such as Ganoncide or Robicide, the initiator wins the match. Bowsercide, DDDcide and others do not constitute a win as many characters can escape.
- Coaching is not allowed
Amiibo Tournament Rules (2 Dollar Buy in)
- All matches are 2 stock, 3 minutes (Amiibos tend to stare and do nothing too often)
- Amiibo may have power ups and custom moves
- No badges that start with items (all others are allowed)
- Final Destination (Can be an omega stage if agreed by both players)
- Battle Field
- Dream Land 64
- Town and City
- Duck Hunt
- Lylat Cruise
- Omega stages *Treated as Final Destination when banning.
- Stage Striking: Players take turns striking one stage from the starter stage list. The remaining stage is used for the match. Striking is done as 1-2-1, so one strike followed by two and then one more for each player until 1 stage is left.
- Stage Clause: You cannot counterpick a stage that has been previously won on or played on.
- Stage Bans: Before the second or third match the player that won may BAN one stage with that stage remaining banned for the entire set.
- Gentleman’s rules apply meaning any stage may be played on if agreed between both players.
- Winning player is not locked into same character, but must change BEFORE the losing player.
- Stage striking and picking the stage is done FIRST. Followed by choosing characters (winner chooses first).
Please use the Share Button above to notify your friends and fellow gamers of your plans to attend and have them join you!
Item Out of Stock
Products Like This
HeroClix Competitive Saturday Events
D&D Adventurers League Wednesdays
HeroClix Learn to Play Wednesday
Star Trek Attack Wing League